Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Birthday to Alicia!!!

Gong Xi Fa Cai Everyone... Heez.. been busy with all the celebrations which is why I took so long to blog.. Heez.. This year had a total of 14 Hong bao, wonder will there be more to come.. Muahaha. Annyway here is the debrief of what I have done.

During Chu Xi, I spend the whole day helping my mum preparing the ingredients for making popiah as well the reunion dinner. The popiah thingy has been a tradition for my family for the past dunno how many years, the main reason behind it was all the shops are closed during the CNY period, so it will be better for us to prepare some backup.

Went over to visit my grandpa as well as my small uncle during the first day of new year, baby ashley which is my small uncle's son was so cute, so chubby, maybe I should upload some of the pictures I took. At night, my whole family went over to Alicia's place to have our reunion dinner with my relatives as well as to celebrate Alicia's birthday. Had a lot fun catching up as well as teasing my little cousins. After dinner, we lao yu sheng which is also a family tradition so that all of us can"Pu pu kao sheng". Below are some of the pictures we took that day.

Joyce and Me, this was a candid shot, we are laughing cause I accidentally on the timer while we are trying to take a shot.

Juan and Me.

Alicia who is the birthday girl and me.

John John and me,wonder what is Joyce doing at the back.

The girls.

C4 (Cousins 4)

The ladies of the family.

My cousins.

Our Yu Sheng, this year we had abalone instead of salmon, Yummy.

All the hands lao-ing the yu sheng.

The uncles and aunties are look so happy.

The kids.

Us with our Yu Sheng.

On the second day of CNY, the C4 who are me, juan , joyce and linda took alicia out to celebrate her birthday. We brought Alicia to the Grand Cathay for a movie(Brides Wars), the show was nice, afterwhich which we went to pasta de waraku at central for dinner, the ambience there was not bad, but it is very warm in there even though all the fans are on, doubt the air con was on. The service was prompt but a lot of mistake was made, and we are quite unhappy about it, but we did not make any complaints as its CNY and we did not wanted to create trouble. After dinner, we walk over to Clarke Quay and took some pictures here and there. Below are the pictures we took for that night.

The five of us, we did not ask anyone to take the picture for us. Guess how did we did that?

Ice Cocoa, both linda and Juan ordered this, the Ice Cocoa is not sweet which is not a good thing for us, on top of that it is kind of powdery. So don't be cheated by how it looks.

Vanilla Float, think its just sprite with ice cream, both joyce and alicia ordered this.

Calpis Float: Calpis Soda with Ice cream, I didn't taste any Calpis in there at all. Definately not really something that I will ordered again.

Fried Cheese Balls, they are hard, small and miserable, there isn't much cheese in it, and when it is served, it is not even warm. This dish is a extreme disappointment.

Spicy Cod Roe and Mushroom soup Spaghetti: Linda ordered this, only had a mouthful of it, I like the taste, the soup was tasty with the taste of the mushroom that was in the soup. When it was served previously the cod roe was not in there, luckily we asked the waiter if not we would have been cheated.

Juan's Carbornara Fettucine, Waraku Style. It is too creamy for my liking, but my sis definately loved it.

Alicia's Teriyaki chicken Spaghetti, did get to try it, so couldn't really comment on it.

My Cabbage and Bacon Spaghetti in Tomato Cream Sauce. Didn't like the dish at all. In the first place, I ordered fettucine and not spaghetti, and on top of that it should be in tomato cream sauce, but there isn't any sauce, in fact it was kind of dry and tasteless, there isn't even any tomato taste.

Joyce's Spinach Bacon Spaghetti in Spinach Cream Soup. The dish was not bad, but joyce wasn't about happy about it, she specifically told the waiter that she didn't want any garlic in it, and who knows she not only tasted garlic but she even see bits and pieces of garlic in it.

Prawn Gratin, it comes with the pasta set that me juan and joyce ordered, the gratin was far too watery for liking, basically I just tasted the pasta and not even the cheese. Juan was saying the branch at Heeren served better gratin, so if you guys wanted to give pasta de waraku a try, I would definately recommend you to go Heeren.

Rin

No comments: