Saturday, January 24, 2009

25th January 2009

Met up with Randy and Raymond to watch Red Cliff II at Cineleisure yesterday, the cinema was at level 9, was kind of lost, felt so kuku, think its really been a long time since I catch a movie in a proper theatre. The show was nice and grand however I don't really like the ending, but it is base of true history so there is nothing that can be changed. After that we met up with boon and we went to Nihon Mura with the tea time buffet, the variety wasn't a lot, haha, but think of it, we can't expect too much from a $17.90++ sashimi buffet. The photos and details of the buffet is below. Went over to toy outpost and caesar for a look, was kind of interested in the Zhou Yu sword, but after Randy tried holding and swaying with it, decided not to get it.

After caesar and outpost, me and the guys kind of spilt our ways, they accompany Randy to The Rock for service, while I meet up with Linda and Juan to shop for Juan's petti-coat and shoes for CNY. All of us had chuan chuan at Marina Square Food Court for dinner. To me its not really up to my expectation but both Linda and Juan like it. The elaborations are below too after the photos for Nihon Mura. Think I will stop here for the day, going back to my pet society and show. =)

Tamago Sushi. Althougt I took it from the conveyor belt, I didn't get to eat it. Pout..

The sushi with egg, crabstick and ham. I love this, a combination of ingredient that I love.

Fried Maki, Randy warn me about it being on the conveyor belt for some time le, cause the Mayo on it has already kind of dried up, but raymond took it and he also finished it cause nobody wants it.


Futomaki, not as nice as the one at Tampopo, might be the ingredients not being very fresh ba.

Egg mayo sushi. I kind of like it, unlike the ones at sakae, the egg mayo here is not very heavy.

Crab Stick with Tamago and Shrimp Roe. Didn't taste this either, wonder who ate it?

Suppose to be Ebi sushi with cucumber, but I only see the ebi on the top one, didn't manage to find a single of ebi in the bottom ones.

Breaded Prawn Sushi with Chilli Powder. I personally find the chilli powder overpowering, so didn't really taste the prawn.

Tuni maki with dry bonito flake. I didn't try this, so you can ask Randy about how it taste. =)

On third of the portion of sushi we took. Can u imagine how much sushi have we eaten?

Chawanmushi. The chawanmushi had many ingredients such as fishcake, mushroom, ginko nuts, crabstick, chicken and prawn. Yum Yum. But the prawn is not fresh in it wasn't fresh at all.

Sashimi. Our favourite, they run out of Maguro, so only salmon and tai is served. The slices are fresh and thick compared to other Japanese Restaurants, but I find the tai sashimi not fresh enough.

Tako Yaki, they fried it, its those instant ones, but I think its not bad.

Mushroom Yaki, the mushroom absorbed quite a lot of teppanyaki sauce, both raymond and I find it too salty.

Octopus Legs with Mentaiko. I love this dish, doubt they add any seasoning to the octopus so with the mentaiko, the octopus is very tasty instead of being over salty.

Hotate and tako Chuka. It's the usual chuka, nothing special about it.

Ebi Yaki, its takopachi but instead of octopus its the prawn one, the prawn isn't fresh and on top of that, it is stuff with lots if red ginger, being a person who dislike ginger, I dun really like this dish.

Fried Squid. The Squid isn't rubbery but is crispy on the outside but soft on the inside, something that I might come back for.

Ebi Fried, personally I find it too gelate, we didn't even manage to finish this plate.

Bbq hotdogs, there is nothing special about the hotdog, just the normal ones that you can get in any supermarket, as you can see above, it kind of "Chao Ta", was extrememly disappointed with this dish, thought it might come with a special sauce or something.

Fried Tofu. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, i think the sauce is the same as the one they use for mushroom.

My bowl of Chuan chuan with "la mian" and beef brisket sauce. The chuan chuan includes: stewed mushroom, radish, curry fishball, braised pig intestines and beef brisket. The radished was kind of uncooked and I didn't really taste the curry in the fishball, but the rest of the dishes taste great.

Juan's version of Chuan chuan with "la mian" in curry sauce. Her chuan chuan include: xiao bai chai, curry fishball, braised pig instestine, meat ball and siew mai. She emphasize that we shouldn't order the curry sauce cause it doesn't even taste like curry. But she was overall happy with her choice of Chuan Chuan, althought the small intestine was sold old.

Rin

No comments: